"I wish to burn a mp4 movie file to a DVD on my Mac Mini running OS X 10.9.4. I was told at best buy to download iDVD, but I can't find it in the App Store. If it no longer exists, what is the best alternative?"
MP4 is a digital multimedia format most commonly used to store video and audio, we often play MP4 video on many video media players, or play MP4 to DVD on DVD player. This topic I want to talk about is how to burn MP4 to DVD. Since iDVD was no longer preinstalled on Macs shipping with OS X 10.7 Lion, and was not available on the Mac App Store. We have to resort to iDVD alternative to burn MP4 to DVD, here you get two choices for help, one choice is Cisdem DVDBurner and the other choice is iMovie to burn mp4 to DVD free.
Cisdem DVDBurner (Price at $39.99)is a good burning software for your Mac OS. You can use it to burn kinds of videos that cannot be burnt with iDVD, create beautiful HD movies and Hollywood-style trailers. Its powerful functions make burning process 10-20x faster than any competitors, and the software's personalized features make it more popular with Mac users.Here are some steps on using Cisdem DVDBurner for Mac to burn MP4 to disk, just follow me to feel the magic it brings to us.
System Supported: OS X 10.7 Lion+ (Including Yosemite, El Capitan, macOS Sierra.)
1. Download and Install Cisdem DVDBurner Free Trial Version
Install it and run it on Mac. You can click the download button below and download Cisdem DVDBurner.
2. Load MP4 Videos
Firstly, you should insert a blank DVD into your Mac. Then click the "folder" or "video" button on the top right corner to add your mp4 video or directly drag your mp4 video file to DVD burner.
All the videos you have added before will be listed in the right of the interface. Look at the bottom of its interface, you would know the used storage of the new disc.
3. Edit MP4 Videos Before Burning (Optional)
This MP4 to DVD burner offers a built-in video editor, you can double-click the video thumbnail to open the editing window, trim, crop, create special effects (10+ effects options), add external subtitles, or watermarks to your video.
4. Customize a Nice DVD Menu
Click "Menu" button, it will turn to the Menu making window, you are able to customize the menu, with the help of free yet themed menu template, color text, backgrounds, video thumbnail frame,ect. What's more, it allows you to add your favorite songs as music backgrounds.
5. Burn MP4 to DVD with Fast Speed
Preview the video to ensure that the video features are all you want. If you confirm it with no problem, click "" in the lower right corner to start burning. A small output setting window pops up. It lets you choose DVD output format(DVD Disc/DVD Folder/OSP File), and preset output parameteres.
6. Click "OK" button, and start a fast MP4 to DVD burning trip. It just takes several minutes as you can take a sip of coffer and have a relax.
iMovie is the Apple Inc's software to edit and covert videos to DVD. With a streamlined design and intuitive editing features, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos, tell stories, browse your video library, share favorite moments, and with iCloud, you can enjoy them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. With burn mp4 to dvd free
1. Run iMovie on your Mac. Go to "File" from iMovie's top menu bar and click "Import" to add your video files to iMovie or click the "Import All" button to import all the videos on your Mac.
2. Edit or add elements to your videos in iMovie. Use features such as cutting portions of clips, adding transitions to make the movie you want.
3. Go to "Share" from iMovie's top menu bar and click "iDVD". A progress bar may appear as iMovie prepares your project to open in iDVD. And the interface will show you the remaining time.
4. Wait for iDVD to open with your movie project in it as a new file. Get a individualistic name for your iMovie DVD.
5. Choose a DVD theme. This will allow you to customize the look of your DVD's menu. The themes can be seen in the right window pane in iDVD. Different theme means different style, so you can choose the theme you want.
6. Click "Media" in the bottom right area of the iDVD window to add more media to your video. You can add pictures and other videos.
7. Insert a blank DVD into your Mac's CD-ROM/DVD drive and Click the "Burn" button to burn your video to DVD empty disc.
Each of them has advantages and disadvantages, but which choice is the best for you to burn mp4 to DVD? Definitely choice one. Below are some reasons:
1. According to the experiences of users and customer reviews, many Mac users met many kinds of errors when they used iMovie to burn mp4, on the contrary, people who used Cisdem DVD burner met no errors while burning.
2. Now iMovie needs 2GB+ hard drive storage on Mac for installation , but Cisdem DVD burner needs only 20MB for installation.
3. Don't you think it is much complicated while use iMovie add subtitle to videos? It asks you to click the "Text" button and type the subtitles text word by word. If for a 1-2 hour movie, you will feel so troublesome and tired to do so. It is time to find one better solution tool to add subtitles to videos instead of using iMovie to add captions to videos movies. Cisdem DVDBurner for Mac allows you to download and load external SRT subtitles from website like Moviesubtitles.org to the video. It is easiest way to add subtitle, and lets you enjoy movie without any subtitle sequence error.
If you want to play YouTube videos on some MP4 players, you need to download YouTube videos firstly, and then convert YouTube to MP4 formats. Is there one tool that can realize these two functions? This article would show you top 5 free online ways to download as well as convert YouTube videos.
Here I would introduce three ways to make mov to mp4 conversion as below. You can use paid yet professional converter software for mov to mp4. You can also us some free video encoding ways.
This article introduce you several ways to convert AVI to MP4 on Mac, free software, online convert ways, and give you another better way, and learn how to use make perfect video conversion.
Top DVD Articles
Sign up for Cisdem newsletters, stay informed on the latest products news, the hottest deals, and our holiday special sales.