Microsoft Word enables users to create and edit documents as they like. In the occasion that users find some PDF resources instrumental to supplement their paper work, they may want to insert the PDF into Word document, especially insert multiple pages pdf files, for editing or other intentions. Inserting PDF into Word document can be quite easy, only if you find the appropriate methods.
Convert PDF to Word, Excel, Powerpoint for Insertion
Free Download Free Download
- Convert native PDFs to Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other formats
- Convert scanned PDFs to editable formats
- Support OCR many languages: English, French, Spanish, German, etc.
- Batch convert PDFs
- Convert files very fast
- Easy to use
How to Insert PDF into Word without Changing Format (Mac & Windows)?
If you want to insert a multi-page PDF into Word and keep the original format, the most efficient way is to do a PDF-to-Word conversion. A good PDF to Word converter will make things quite easy and simple, allowing users to retain the same layout, format and image quality in the Word output as original PDF, to insert several PDFs into Word, etc.
Cisdem PDF OCR Converter is a powerful application to convert images, native and scanned PDFs into Word, Excel, Pages, PPTX, Keynote, total 16 formats, with original file quality preserved. It can batch convert PDF and images to Word on mac. Besides, its highly accurate OCR performance enables users to search, index and edit scanned PDFs efficiently. In other words, it still works even when you want to insert a scanned PDF into Word document.
Why Cisdem PDF Converter OCR?
- Convert/Insert PDF to editable Word, Excel, PPT and other 10+ formats
- Convert/Insert scanned PDF and images to editable Word or other formats
- Highly retain the original formatting
- Create PDF from Word, Image and others
- Batch convert
- Support latest macOS Ventura and Windows 11/10
Steps to Insert PDF into Word on Mac or Windows
- Download and install PDF Converter OCR.
Free Download Free Download
- Run the program, import single or multiple PDFs into the program by drag&drop.
- Fill the page range and set the output as Word. Turn the OCR button ON when you want to insert a scanned PDF into Word document on mac.
- Click “Convert” to make the PDF in Word format on mac.
- Open the converted Word file in Word, your PDF will be inserted into Word document on mac.
Insert PDF into Word Online Free
You may be reluctant to install any software to insert a PDF into Word document. Then online free PDF to Word service may be of great help for you. Here we pick pdf2doc from dozens of online free PDF to Word converters, basing on the conversion quality.
Steps to Insert PDF into Word Online Free
- Go to pdf2doc
- Upload PDF into the program. You can select up to 20 PDF files to convert.
- Wait for the PDF to Word conversion, then download the Word file by click on the file.
Online PDF to Word converter is free and easy to use, yet, as a saying goes “Every Coin Has Two Sides”, online service let you down in following aspects:
- Conversion quality is scarified, especially when you are working on some complicate files
- Risk of information leakage since your PDF is uploaded to the server.
- Require high on Internet connection
Insert PDF into Word as Image
One of the best ways to insert a PDF into Word is to insert it into Microsoft Word as image. Below are the three common ways to insert PDF pages into Word as images.
#Method 1---Insert PDF into Word as Object
With this method, all you need is your Microsoft Word app and a PDF document. After a PDF page is inserted, you can save it from Microsoft Word as an image or a PDF document.
- Step 1. Open Microsoft Word.
- Step 2. Click Insert. Click Object. The Object dialog box will appear.
- Step 3. Click Create from File. Click Browse and select the PDF file you want to insert. Click insert. Click OK.
If the PDF you are inserting has multiple pages, a window will appear asking you to select a specific page to insert. For example, to insert page 3, just enter 3, click Locate and then click Insert. To insert multiple pages, you need to repeat the process. Sometimes, the said window won’t appear, and only the first page will be inserted. In this case, you can use the following two ways to insert PDF into Word as image.
#Method 2---Take Screenshots of PDF Pages and Then Insert
This is very easy and straightforward and allows you to effortlessly insert any pages from a PDF into Word.
- Step 1. Open the PDF containing the page(s) you need to insert.
- Step 2. Go to the specific page and take a screenshot of it. On a Mac computer, press Shift-Command-4. On a Windows PC, use the built-in Snipping Tool. Of course, you can also use any other screenshot tool you prefer.
- Step 3. Open Microsoft Word. Go to Insert > Pictures and select the screenshot you have saved. Click Select. To insert multiple PDF pages into Word, just repeat the process.
#Method 3---Convert PDF Pages to Images and Then Insert
There is another common way to insert PDF pages into Word as pictures. You can convert a PDF page to PNG, JPEG or other formats and then insert it into a Word document.
- Step 1. Use a PDF to image converter to turn PDF pages into images. You can use Cisdem PDF Converter OCR, Adobe Acrobat, Zamzar or other tools to convert PDF to image with high quality. Save the images.
- Step 2. Open the Word app on your computer. Go to Insert > Picture and select the save images from your hard drive.
- Step 3. Click Select. If you need to insert multiple PDF pages into Word as images, just repeat the process until all needed pages are inserted.
Here are some pros and cons of insert PDF into Word as image.
- Easy to do
- More than one method available
- The size of the Word document can end up being large.
- It’s time-consuming and tedious to insert multiple PDF pages as images into Word.
- PDF pages could appear blurry when inserted into Word.
Also, after the inserting, you won’t be able to highlight or search the PDF text in MS Word. If you want to insert PDF into Word with high resolution, or to batch insert multiple PDF pages into Word all at once, or if you need the inserted PDF content to be editable or searchable, just check out the 1st method.
Insert PDF into Word As A Page without Converting
It is true that the best way to insert PDF into Word is using a PDF to Word converter, but for a part of users, they are still looking for a way to insert PDF into Word without converting. Yes, there are 2 ways to insert PDF into Word without converting, but…
#1 Insert PDF to Word with Microsoft Word 2016
Assuming you have purchased the Microsoft Word 2016, you can directly insert a PDF into Word Document directly in 2 steps. It supports to insert multiple page pdf into word.
- Launch the Word 2016
- Go to File>Open to upload the PDF you want to insert into the Word, a dialogue will prompt as following, click “OK” to insert the PDF into Word document.
Yet, here are 2 main issues when using this method:
- Cannot insert. According to Microsoft Office Word 2016 users, when trying to insert PDF into Word 2016, the program either won’t respond or crash for no reason. Even, there is no good solution recommended from its official website to fix such a problem.
- Format/Layout mess. Users who utilize this method should be aware of that the PDF inserted into the Word document won’t have a perfect correspondence with the original regarding layout, format, image quality. The PDF will look different in Word.
#2 Insert PDF into Word in Google Docs
Another way to insert PDF into Word without converting is utilizing Google Docs, the online platform offered by Google to manage documents, such as PDF, image, Word, etc. It allows users to open PDF in Google Docs directly.
- 1. Login into Google Account>Google Drive.
- 2. Click on New>File Upload to import PDF files.
- 3. Once uploaded, right click on the PDF file to “Open with”> “Google Docs”.
- 4. Now the PDF is inserted to Google Docs, you can copy and paste the Word document that you want to combine with this PDF into Google Docs.
- 5. After editing, go to “File”>”Download as”>”Microsoft Word”.
- 6. Choose output folder and save the Word file.
Google Docs is really a good choice for many users, yet, it has its disadvantages:
- Take several steps to finish the inserting
- Require high on internet connection status
- Need to insert the Word file after opening PDF in Google Docs
- Need manually adjust the format and layout
- File size limit
Ways to insert PDF into a Word document are manifold, the final decision depends on your practical needs, an existing tool can always help. But if you want to insert PDF into Word without changing the format, you’d better turn to a PDF to Word Converter, which will solve all formatting issues technically.
Connie has been writing for Mac productivity and utility apps since 2009. Each review and solution is based on her practical tests, she is aways energetic and trustworthy in this field.