Looking for the best cloud duplicate finder to find and delete duplicate files in cloud storage? You are in the right place.
Nowadays, it’s common for us to store files in the cloud. There are many cloud storage services such as Dropbox, iCloud and Google Drive. As with any storage medium, it’s easy to have duplicate files in cloud drives. Many people are looking for an easy way to remove duplicate files from Dropbox or OneDrive etc.
There are 2 types of cloud duplicate file finders: web-based ones and desktop ones. Both can help you easily get rid of duplicate photos and other duplicate files. We will talk about both types in this article.
Each part of the article will focus on a type of cloud duplicate finder and recommend the best app to use.
|Web-based||Mac & Windows|
|Recommended app||Cloud Duplicate Finder||Cisdem Duplicate Finder|
And more ...
|Find duplicate photos, audios, videos, etc.||Yes||Yes|
|Find similar photos||Yes||Yes|
|Remove duplicate files from computer||No||Yes|
|Remove duplicate files from external storage devices||No||Yes|
|Lifetime subscription price||$150||$29.99|
|More info||Click for details||Click for details|
Cloud Duplicate Finder or CDF is a web-based app to find and eliminate duplicate files in certain cloud storage services. Below is a Cloud Duplicate Finder review.
A SaaS (software as a service) product by Sorcim Technologies, CDF supports detecting and deleting duplicate files in five services including Google Drive, OneDrive and more. Working with all common file types, it can help you get rid of duplicate pictures, music files, documents and other duplicates in your cloud storage account. In addition, this app can identify certain visually similar images.
Is Cloud Duplicate Finder safe? Whether it’s safe depends on your need of safety. To deal with the duplicate files in a cloud drive, CDF needs to access the files and folders in the drive. Once you grant the access, this third-party app will be able to see, edit and delete your files. Learn about the possible risks first! CDF states that it uses 256-bit encryption and never gains access to the actual content of your data. If you trust it, you can allow the access and start using it.
Is Cloud Duplicate Finder free? No. It’s a paid app with multiple subscription options.
|1 year||$69.97||Clone Files Checker|
|2 years||$96||Clone Files Checker|
|Lifetime||$150||Clone Files Checker|
1. On your desktop (recommended) or mobile browser, go to https://www.cloudduplicatefinder.com/.
2. Sign up using your Google or Microsoft account. Alternatively, create an account and login to it.
3. Choose a cloud storage service.
4. Click the Add New Drive button.
5. Sign in with your account. Click the info icon for details. If you trust CloudDuplicateFinder, click Allow to authorize the access.
6. The added drive and its folders will be listed in the left sidebar. Select the entire drive or specific folders to scan.
7. Choose to find all types of duplicates or specific types such as Documents and Images.
8. Click the Scan button. The time it will take depends on the number of files to scan.
9. Once the process is done, CDF will list the detected duplicate files in groups.
10. This step is optional. Enable the built-in preview feature by checking the box next to Preview. You can preview a duplicate photo by highlighting it.
11. Now it’s time to select unwanted duplicate files to remove. You can do it manually or by choosing a selection rule.
12. Click the Select Action button. Permanently delete the selected duplicates or move them to a folder of your choosing.
This part talks about the best desktop apps to remove duplicate files from most if not all cloud drives on Mac and Windows and how to do the removal.
You can use Cisdem Duplicate Finder to effortlessly find and mass delete duplicate files in all popular cloud storage services. It can identify duplicate photos, videos, songs, Word documents, PDFs, spreadsheets, archives and any other kinds of duplicate files on Mac and Windows computers.
Commonly used to weed out duplicate files on computer and external storage devices, Cisdem Duplicate Finder can also be used for cloud drives. The trick is to sync your cloud drive with your computer first, which is made easy thanks to your cloud drive’s desktop app.
1. Download and install the cloud drive app. Most cloud storage providers provide official desktop apps.
2. Set up the app. Once set up, it should automatically start syncing your entire cloud drive or specific folders in it (based on your preferences) to your computer.
3. Now you should be able to see the cloud drive in Finder (Mac) or File Explorer (Windows). Wait for the sync to complete. All your files including the duplicates are on your computer.
4. Download and install the Cisdem cloud duplicate finder. Open it.
5. Click the plus icon (+). Select your cloud drive in the sidebar and click Open.
6. Click Scan.
7. Once the scan is done, you can view, sort and preview the detected duplicate files.
8. Cisdem Duplicate Finder already automatically and smartly selects duplicates for you to bulk delete. If not satisfied with the auto selection, choose a desired selection rule or select by hand.
9. Click Delete.
10. Confirm the deletion.
11. The unwanted duplicate files are removed, and the cloud drive app will automatically detect and sync the changes, i.e. the removal of multiple duplicates.
As a result, the duplicate files in the cloud will also removed all at once. Your account is now duplicate-free.
As you can see, during the whole process, Cisdem Duplicate Finder won’t require access to your account. When compared to the online-based solution, this desktop solution is more secure. Also, it supports most cloud-based storage services.
Note: If there are tons of files in your cloud storage, then the process will probably be long. It will take time to sync back and forth. If you can’t successfully sync your files from cloud to your Mac and vice versa, this method won’t work for you.
With different services, the ways to set up their official apps may be different. For some popular services, Cisdem provides detailed tutorials.
How to remove duplicate files from:
We hope you will find the cloud duplicate finder reviews helpful. All the important details are covered. Step-by-step instructions are also provided. Both solutions are easy to apply. Cisdem Duplicate Finder is versatile and powerful. You can use it as Google Drive duplicate finder or iCloud duplicate finder.
Rosa has worked in Mac software industry for more than eight years. She believes that the purpose of software is to make life better and work more productively. In addition to writing, Rosa is also an avid runner.