When you mistakenly delete important contacts on your iPhone, it is urgent for you to restore contacts on it. And recovering the deleted contacts becomes much easier if you have backed up them to iCloud before. In this post, we’re going to introduce you three effective methods to restore contacts from iCloud.
You can directly restore contacts from iCloud online. This way only replaces the current contacts, and other current files like photos will stay on your device. That’s why this method is highly recommended.
1. Sign into icloud.com with your Apple ID and password on your computer or other devices.
2. Then click “Settings” icon when it appears.
3. Click “Restore Contacts” option under “Advanced”. Then it will list archives of contacts with date and time.
4. Then select an archive of contacts and hit “Restore” to restore. Your current contacts on all your devices will be replaced by the contacts archive you have chosen.
This way will erase all current contents on your iOS device and replace with the iCloud backup you choose. If you only want to restore contacts from iCloud, this method is not recommended and you’d better try iOS data recovery tool like Cisdem iPhone Recovery to recover contacts from iPhone, iPad and iPod selectively. But if you want to restore all files including contacts, it's a good option.
1. On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap “Erase all content and settings.” Then your devices will be erased and works as a new one.
2. In the Setup Assistant, proceed to “Set up your device,” tap Restore from a Backup, and then sign in to iCloud.
3. Proceed to “Choose backup,” then choose from a list that contains your previous contacts backup in iCloud.
If your contacts were synced with iCloud, you can merge your current contacts with iCloud on your iOS device directly.
1. Navigate to Settings > iCloud on your iPhone and turn off Contacts.
2. When the popup message appears, choose “Keep on My iPhone”.
3. Then turn on Contacts and select “Merge”. Wait for a while and you should see the deleted contacts back on your iPhone.
If you have backed up contacts to iCloud, you can try above ways to restore contacts from iCloud. But for users who have no iCloud backup to restore or don’t want all current files be restored, an iPhone data recovery tool is needed.
Cisdem iPhone Recovery offers two scan options including “Recover from iOS Device” and “Recover from iTunes Backup File” for you to recover photos, videos, voice memos, contacts, messages, notes, safari bookmarks and other files from iOS devices. It is free for you to try and 100% clean. It also supports all iOS series product including iPhone 8/X/7, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPod Touch, etc.
1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac computer and open Cisdem iPhone Recovery.
2. Choose “Recover from iOS Device” or “Recover from iTunes Backup File” option if you have iTunes backups to restore.
3. If you choose the former scan option, click “Start Scan”. If you choose the latter one, then select an iTunes backup file and hit “Start Scan” to continue.
4. After scanning, click Contacts category to preview each items. And select the contacts you need and hit “Recover” button to restore and save them on Mac.
Besides these, you can also use this iPhone data recovery tool to preview and recover deleted or lost messages, photos, voice memos, notes, videos, etc. It will restore files from iPhone and other iOS devices anytime you want. For Windows users, you can try 7thShare iPhone Data Recovery to recover the deleted contacts.
This is all about how to restore contacts from iCloud. If you don’t have iCloud backup to restore, you can also recover contacts on iPhone directly with the help of iPhone data recovery tool. In order to avoid contacts loss, don’t forget to backup the contacts after recovery.
Rosa has worked in Mac software industry for more than eight years. She believes that the purpose of software is to make life better and work more productively. In addition to writing, Rosa is also an avid runner.