Occasionally we may need to recognize Korean from a scanned PDF or image for commercial or personal purposes. Then how to make the Korean PDF or image editable, printable or copyable? We need Korean OCR.
Korean OCR means utilizing a Korean OCR tool to convert the image-based Korean texts into computer-readable texts, that is to say, a Korean OCR app is required. And here we are going to introduce 8 best Korean OCR App that has won a great fame in 2019 and will continue its popularity in 2021.
Part 1. 3 Best Korean OCR Program for Mac and Windows
To OCR a Korea PDF or image, most of the users prefer to do the Korean OCR on computers. There are 2 reasons of doing so: large-screen devices are more convenient to deal with files, especially files with lots of texts, and the other reason is that Korean OCR tools for computers always yield more accurate OCR results, also builds in more features needed for files OCR.
Basing on above, here we list 3 best Korean OCR software for both Mac and Windows.
#1 Cisdem PDF Converter OCR (Best Korean OCR for Mac)
Cisdem PDF Converter OCR is a mac program to perform Korean OCR on both scanned PDF and image files, it supports recognizing more than 200 languages, including all popular languages. Also, users are allowed to export the Korean files as editable Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Pages, etc. Even, with its advanced OCR settings, users are allowed to export a specific part as image, text or excel.
Best Korean OCR for Mac
- Highly accurate OCR results and formatting is maintained;
- Support Korean and more than 200 languages;
- Export scanned PDF and images as searchable PDF, Word, Excel, PPT, etc.;
- Convert native PDF to 16 formats;
- Create PDF from other documents (Word, PPT, Image, ePub, CHM, etc.)
- Protect and compress PDF when setting PDF as the output;
- Batch and fast OCR;
- Advanced OCR settings is allowed;
How to OCR Korean PDF or Image with the Best Korean OCR for Mac?
- Download and install Cisdem PDF Converter with OCR on mac.
- Import Korean files.
You can drag and drop your Korean files into the interface, or just click the “+” button to import single or multiple files at one time.
- Prepare for Korean OCR on Mac.
First, you need to turn the OCR button ON. As you can see, when importing images, the OCR function is turned ON by default, but you need to manually turn on the OCR feature when adding a PDF for processing;
Then go to the file language menu, go to More>Korean and check the box before Korean to select Korean as the file language.
Finally, choose output as needed. When setting PDF as the output, you can click the Settings gear, then add password to the created PDF as needed.
- Advanced OCR (Optional). If you are not satisfied with the OCR results, you can click the Advanced Settings on the interface, then an interface with all OCR applied zone marked in different boxes will appear. By default, the program will auto detect the format that the contents should be exported as, but if you want to export a part of texts as image or save a image as table, you can remove the defaulted box, then click on the toolbars in the OCR Applied Zone and choose the format you want to save as, then drag a box to select the parts you want to export as needed format.
- Start OCR Korean files on Mac Now. When everything is ready, click the “Convert” button to start Korean OCR processing.
#2 Readiris Pro 17 (Best Korean OCR for Windows)
Speaking of Readiris, you may have learned about is leadership in the OCR field. With Readiris Pro 17, users can not only OCR Korean files to Microsoft Office formats, but also can edit, merge, compress, split, protect, even create PDFs. Also, it support recognizing files in total 138 languages. For scans, Readiris allows to import from the connected scanner and process with OCR.
How to OCR Korean PDF with the Best Korean OCR for Windows?
- Download and install Readiris Pro 17 on your Windows;
- Go to Home>From File, choose Korean file to import;
- Then choose the language as Korean from the list;
- Finally, you need to choose output as Word, PDF, Excel or others to start OCR Korean files.
#3 Adobe Acrobat (Best Korean OCR Program)
To work on a scanned PDF in Korean language, Adobe Acrobat OCR is a never-miss solution to bring you satisfactory results, though it is not affordable, it is still the best Korean OCR program on both macOS and Windows. With its feature to edit and manage your PDF files, you can kill all PDF-related problems.
How to OCR Korean PDF or Image with Adobe Acrobat?
- Download and install Adobe Acrobat, subscribe to unlock the full version;
- Go to Tools>Enhance Scans;
- Go to Recognize Text>In this File, then click on the Setting icon to choose file language as Korean.
Start the Korean OCR by clicking Recognize Text. For accurate OCR results, you can go to Recognize Text>Correct Recognized Text, find the OCR suspects and “Accept” to rectify.
- Go to Tools>Export PDF, choose Word, Excel or other formats as needed.
Part 2. 2 Best Korean OCR App for Mobile Phone
#4 Best Korean OCR App for Android
Text Scanner [OCR] is a highly rated Korean OCR application in Google Play to recognize text from files on multiple language support, including Korean.
Main Features of Text Scanner [OCR]
- Support photos and handwriting;
- Work on files in 50 languages;
- Allow copy and share the recognized text to clipboard, email, Google Drive, Google Keep, Google+, etc.;
- Accurate OCR results;
Steps to OCR Korean on Android
- Download and install the application on your Android phone;
- Launch the app, take a picture of the Korean file or directly use the file in your photo library;
- Then the text can be copied and shared to your other programs.
#5 Best Korean OCR App for iPhone
Scan & Translate+ Text Grabber for iOS is a highly evaluated Korean OCR application to extract texts and translate easily on Apple mobile device. Also, it can read texts in 44 languages.
Main Features of Scan & Translate+ Text Grabber
- Recognize texts in 79 languages, including Korean;
- Translate recognized text to 90+ languages;
- Read recognized text in 44+ languages;
- Edit, copy and share the recognized text to clipboard or other apps;
Steps to OCR Korean on iPhone
- Download and install the app.
- Launch the app and choose the file language as Korean;
- Take a picture of the Korean file;
- Press “Scan” to recognize text from Korean file;
- Then you can choose to copy, share or translate the recognized text from Korean file.
Part 3. 3 Best Online Korean OCR Tools
While, some of our users may want to OCR Korean files for free, then online Korean OCR tools would be the best choice. After a testing on 10+ Korean OCR tools, here we pick the best 3 online Korean OCR tools for our users.
#6 Google Docs
The reason why I put Google Docs on the top of my best online Korean OCR tools is due to its editing feature allowing users to further edit or modify the file after OCR. Google Docs is the online word processor built in Google Drive to manage online files, it supports doing OCR on both PDF and Image file, also works on almost all popular languages including Korean.
- Online free;
- Support PDF and Image Korean Files;
- Allow to edit files;
- Export Korean files as Word, Odt, PDF, Text, ePub, Rtf, Html;
- Accurate OCR results on relatively simple files
- No batch OCR;
- Messy formatting when working on files with complicate layout and formatting;
Steps to OCR Korean Files with Google Docs
- Login into your Google account, then go to Google Drive;
- Click New, upload Korean PDF or image;
- Right click on the Korean file, then open with Google Docs;
- The file after Korean OCR will be opened in Google Docs, you can edit if needed, then go to File>Download Microsoft Word or other formats.
#7 Convertio OCR
If your Korean file contains another language, Convertio OCR is the best online Korean OCR tool to recognize your files. It allows users to select 2 languages at the same time, also you can export the file into 11 editable formats, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, searchable PDF, etc.
- Recognize 2 languages in a file;
- Batch Korean OCR;
- Support both PDF and Image file;
- Export as 11 formats;
- Save files to Dropbox or Google Drive;
- Accurate OCR results on simple Korean files;
- Only 10 pages can be done with OCR for free;
- Poor formatting when working on complicate files;
Steps to OCR Korean Files with Convertio OCR
- Go to Convertio OCR;
- Drag and drop Korean files into the program;
- Select language as Korean or choose one as the additional language in your file;
- Choose output as Word or other formats;
- Then click “Recognize” to OCR Korean files, once ready, click “Download” to get the output file after OCR.
Another online free OCR tool on the top list is i2OCR, it is highly recommended when you need to extract text from a Korean image, it brings accurate OCR results.
- Easy to use;
- Accurately extract text from Korean image files;
- Support only image files;
- Though support exporting Korean files as Word, PDF and HTML, the formatting is in poor quality;
Steps to OCR Korean Image with i2OCR
- Choose file language as Korean;
- Upload Korean image file;
- Click “Extract Text” to start Korean OCR, after the OCR, you can download the file as Text or other formats.
There are more options to do Korean OCR, but the key is always to choose the best tool. To OCR Korean files accurately and easily, a Korean OCR program designed for large-screen computers will be better. You can try Cisdem or Readiris Pro 17 according to your needs.
Connie has been writing for Mac productivity and utility apps since 2009. Each review and solution is based on her practical tests, she is aways energetic and trustworthy in this field.