Roblox is a popular game, with over 190 million monthly active users. It’s loved by children, with 67% of users being children under the age of 17. However, despite Roblox’s parental controls, it’s still not very safe. Also, playing Roblox can be addictive. That’s why many parents want to know how to block Roblox.
This article will show you how to easily block access to Roblox app and Roblox website on computers and phones.
To restrict access to Roblox on a MacBook Pro, MacBook Air or iMac, etc., you can use Cisdem AppCrypt, the best website and app blocker for Mac.
AppCrypt main features:
1. Download AppCrypt and install it.
2. When you open it for the first time, set a password.
3. Click its icon in the top menu bar and choose Open Main Window. Enter the password.
4. You are in the main window. Click Web Block.
5. To block Roblox website on Mac, enter roblox.com and click the Add button.
6. To block the Roblox app, choose the App Lock tab, click the plus icon . Select Roblox and click Add.
Now Roblox is blocked permanently unless you unblock it.
If your child tries to open the locked Roblox app and enters a wrong password, AppCrypt will record the failed attempt.
To unblock the Roblox website, select it and remove it. To unblock the Roblox app, select it and click Remove App.
AppCrypt also allows you to apply the block only during certain hours of the day, such as school hours. Under the Web Block tab, select Roblox and then click the clock icon next to it. Turn on Custom Schedule and click Add Schedule to create one or more schedules. This way, you can control how much Roblox time your kid has.
If your grade schooler or teen is addicted to Roblox, of if you want to completely keep your child away from the inappropriate games and child predators on Roblox, you can uninstall Roblox from Windows. Or, you can stop access to Roblox by blocking the app.
1. Download and install Password Door.
2. During the installation, set the Admin Password.
3. Enter the password to access Password Door.
4. Click Protect a Program. Select the Roblox app and click Protect.
5. Click OK.
Now Roblox is inaccessible. One has to enter the correct password to access and play games on it.
Password Door also offers flexibility. Its Schedule Protection feature allows you to ban Roblox only during homework hours, family time and bedtime, etc.
If you don’t want your kid to access the Roblox website, you can block the domain.
1. Connect your USB flash drive to your Windows desktop or laptop.
2. Download URL Blocker and move it to your USB flash drive.
3. Open URL Blocker.
4. Enter the Roblox site URL and click Add.
5. Click Apply.
6. Click OK.
7. Safely remove your USB drive.
Now the Roblox website is blocked on Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer etc. Only you can unblock it.
Roblox is fun. Roblox helps boost children’s creativity. But what if your son plays Roblox for hours per day on his Android phone? You can try breaking his Roblox addiction by restricting access to Roblox.
1. On your child’s Android phone, open Play Store.
2. Install an app called BlockSite. Open it.
3. Enable BlockSite in phone’s settings.
4. Tap the green plus icon.
5. Go to the App tab. Add the Roblox app to block. Tap the check mark in the top right corner.
6. This step is optional. If you also want to prevent access to roblox.com, block it under the Website tab.
Now Roblox is in the Block List and is not available anymore on this Android phone.
If you want to limit Roblox time instead of completely blocking Roblox, you can use BlockSite’s Schedule feature.
Roblox is the 6th most downloaded iPhone games in the United States in May 2021. People just love it. But you may want to keep your kids away from the world of Roblox if they spend much more time playing Roblox on iPhone than they should. If your kids’ Roblox obsession makes you concerned, you can try making Roblox inaccessible. The solution is built-in to iPhone and iPad.
1. On an iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Screen Time.
2. Tap Turn on Screen Time.
3. Tap Use Screen Time Passcode. Set a passcode.
4. Tap App Limits > Add Limit.
5. Expand the Games category and then select Roblox. Tap Next in the top right corner.
6. Set the minimum time limit of one minute for everyday.
7. Enable Block at End of Limit.
This is how to block Roblox with Screen Time. This iPhone will allow your kids to use Roblox without entering the passcode for only one minute everyday. In addition, Screen Time can restrict the Roblox website.
It depends. If your Wi-Fi router comes with parental controls or similar features, then you should be able to disable roblox.com on router.
Below is how to do it on Asus router. The steps and settings can be different with different router brands and models.
1. On your computer or phone, enter your router’s IP address in a web browser.
2. Log in with your username and password.
3. Go to Advanced Settings and choose Firewall.
4. Go to the URL Filter tab. Enable the URL Filter.
5. Choose the type Black List.
6. Add https://www.roblox.com/ to the list.
7. Click Apply.
Roblox is a game platform where users play games and create games for other users to play. There are various genres of games, such as adventure, comedy, fighting and horror. Inappropriate Roblox games can expose children to violent or sexual content. Also, some predators use Roblox as a way to target children.
Roblox Corporation does offer ways to help users block inappropriate chats, content, games, accounts and players on Roblox, which, however, isn’t enough to make Roblox really safe for kids. This article shows how to block Roblox on Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad and Android phone. I hope it can help worried parents keep children away from Roblox.
Rosa has worked in Mac software industry for more than eight years. She believes that the purpose of software is to make life better and work more productively. In addition to writing, Rosa is also an avid runner.