In today’s e-publishing world, the most popular formats in eBook market are ePub and PDF. As an avid eBook reader, I found reading PDF files on mobile devices like iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire HD are rather limited as they lack the page-turning function, and due to the fixed layout of PDF document, it cannot resize to fit the width of the smaller screen of mobile devices.
Therefore, it becomes necessary to convert PDF to ePub file format. Here in this article, we will share 5 ways to convert PDF to ePub on Mac, without losing format.
Convert PDF to ePub on Mac without Losing Format
Free Download Free Download
- Convert both native and scanned PDF to ePub with original format kept
- Convert PDF to Word, Text, PowerPoint, Excel, Pages, Keynote, HTML, JPG, PNG and so on
- OCR scanned PDF and images with high accuracy
- Batch convert multiple PDFs
- Create and merge files to PDF, also compress and protect PDFs
How to Convert PDF to ePub on Mac without Losing Format?
You may have tried different online free PDF to ePub converters but with results falling short of your expectations. So, if you want to convert PDF to ePub on Mac without losing format, you may need the help of a professional PDF to ePub Converter for Mac. Here we recommend Cisdem PDF Converter OCR for Mac, which works on macOS 13 Ventura and earlier.
It is an ideal application helps you convert both native and scanned PDF, even images to ePub on Mac, while keeping the same file layout, format and image resolution as original file. To have a brief understanding about how powerful this mac program is, you can check the following list of its main features:
- Convert PDF to well formatted ePub and other 15+ formats
- OCR scanned PDF and Image to editable ePub or others
- Support converting protected PDFs
- Batch convert PDF to ePub or others
- Convert ePub back to PDF, or create PDF from Word, HTML, CHM and others
Steps to Convert PDF to ePub on Mac without Losing Format
- Step 1. Download and install Cisdem PDF Converter OCR on mac.
- Step 2. Import PDF Files.
Just drag and PDF files into it. This PDF to ePub converter Mac lets you add up to 200 PDF files at a time.
- Step 3.Specify the PDF Page Range.
Set all pages, a selection of pages, or a range of pages to be converted. (e.g. specifying a page range like 1, 4, 5-9).
- Step 4. Choose “EPUB” as the Output Format.
Click the format tab on the right side, and choose “EPUB” format as the output format from the dropdown box.
- Step 5. Convert PDF to ePub on Mac without Losing Format.
Begin the batch PDF to ePub Mac conversion: click the "Convert" button > choose a location to save your converted ePub files> click on “Save” button.
Want to Convert Scanned PDF to ePub on Mac?
As mentioned above, Cisdem PDF Converter OCR supports scanned PDF to ePub conversion too, if you want to convert scanned PDF or image to ePub, you can utilize this tool.
Steps to Convert Scanned PDF to ePub on Mac
- Upload scanned or Image-based PDF files to the converter.
- Turn the OCR button on to perform PDF OCR. Choose file language and select output as ePub.
- (Optional) If you want more accurate PDF to ePub conversion, you can click on the Advanced OCR button.
Check the OCR applied zone, manually add, remove or adjust the OCR recognition, so you can output a specific part as Table, Image or Text
- Click Convert to start the scanned PDF to ePub conversion on mac.
Check the PDF to ePub conversion video tutorial:
Convert PDF to ePub on Mac Free with Calibre
Calibre is a free, open-source, cross-platform eBook management tool, which allows users to view, edit metadata and convert books. Users can convert books to PDF, ePub, MOBI, AZW3, DOCX, RTF, ZIP, etc. Also, users can utilize this tool to get books and fetch news online.
- Totally free and compatible with Win, Mac and Linux
- Abundant features built in to manage eBooks
- Can read eBooks and convert them in most popular formats
- Sync to an e-reader device, like Kindle
- The interface is not that good-looking
- Rather slowly to process the PDF to ePub conversion
- The output quality is not stable
- HTML links and Table of Contents can’t be converted
- Not particularly friendly for novice due to numerous features and settings
Steps to Convert PDF to ePub on Mac Free with Calibre
- Import PDF files (non-DRM protected) to Calibre library by clicking the “Add books” icon or drag the files to panel straightway.
- Locate and highlight single or multiple PDF files you desire to convert > right click the options > choose “Convert books” > pick “Convert individually” (or “Bulk convert”).
- From the new dialog box, choose “EPUB” as final format.
- Click on “OK” button convert PDF to ePub on Mac with Calibre.
- There is a “Click to open” anchor text behind the path for you easily viewing the converted files.
Calibre PDF to ePub Best Settings
With an intuitive interface, handy document sharing, and a huge range of supported file types, Convertio become one of the best online PDF to ePub converters for Mac. It also gives you an OCR option to convert scanned PDFs files, but the conversion result is not that good when compared to dedicated software, such as Cisdem PDF Converter OCR.
- Support 90+ output formats for document conversion (non-scanned documents)
- Can save the converted files into Dropbox and Google Drive
- The maximum file size for uploading and converting is 100 MB
- Only allows 2 concurrent conversions at a time
- Only supports 6 OCR languages
Steps to Convert PDF to ePub Online Free with Convertio
- Upload PDF files from Mac, Dropbox, Google Drive, or URL.
- Select EPUB as target format
- Start the PDF to ePub conversion online. (You can add more files.)
2. Google Docs
In the case you want to convert PDF to ePub on mac for free, besides using an online PDF to ePub converter, you can also utilize Google Docs to perform the conversion with a Google Account.
- Convenient and free
- Require stable Internet connection
- Take several steps to finish a conversion
- Batch conversion is not supported
- Conversion quality varies according to the upload PDF itself
Steps to Convert PDF to ePub on Mac Online Free with Google Docs
- Login into your Google account and go to Google Drive.
- Upload PDF into Google Drive by click New>File Upload.
- Right click on the uploaded PDF and open with Google Docs.
- Once the file is opened in Google Docs, go to File>Download as>ePub, the PDF to ePub conversion is done for free with Google.
Also, you can watch the tutorial video to convert PDF to ePub on Mac for free.
How to Convert PDF to ePub in Adobe Acrobat on Mac?
Adobe Acrobat is the best and most powerful PDF tool for all PDF-editing purposes, it also offers Convert feature, helping users to export PDFs as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Text, Image and other formats. Though it doesn’t support exporting PDF files as ePub format directly, we can use Adobe to export PDF as Word first, then use Mac Pages app to save Word as ePub format. If you have installed Adobe Acrobat, follow the steps to convert PDF to ePub on mac now.
- Do all PDF-editing tasks
- OCR scanned PDFs
- Convert PDF to Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other formats
- Cannot directly convert PDF to ePub
- Original file quality is sacrificed due to 2 conversions: table styles, character formatting, background objects, etc.
Steps to Convert PDF to ePub in Adobe Acrobat on Mac
- Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat.
- Go to Tools>Export PDF, choose output format as Microsoft Word.
- Then open the Word document in Mac Pages app.
- Go to File>Export To>EPUB.
- Then tweak the EPUB settings and click Next…
- Rename the file and choose destination folder, click Export to save the file as ePub.
Though there are other free solutions to convert a PDF to ePub on Mac, a great part of users resort to a professional one. A dedicated tool can not only save your time and efforts, but also bring satisfactory conversion results, such as the way Cisdem PDF Converter OCR allows users to do.
Rosa has worked in Mac software industry for more than eight years. She believes that the purpose of software is to make life better and work more productively. In addition to writing, Rosa is also an avid runner.
Finally can get the books read on my Kindle, thanks.
I read ebooks a lot and I tried several online converters before, it sucked. Hope the paid service works for me better.
When I read PDF file on my Kindle, it cannot resize to fit the width of screen, converting PDF to EPUB is a good idea.
Laura Van Tyne
I have a PDF with hyperlinks that I need to convert to an epub with hyperlinks (for a mac). will this program also convert my links? Or will they be broken in the conversion? Thanks, Laura
I am a eBook reader, I want to convert my PDF to ePub so that I can read it on my mobile device better. I will use this PDF to ePub converter.