Clone Files Checker is one of the many software apps that are designed to find and remove duplicate files on computer. What features does it have? Is Clone Files Checker free to use? If not, how much does it cost? Are there any alternatives that can do an equally good, or even better job?
How much space do duplicate files occupy on your computer? It can be a lot of gigabytes, especially if you've not cleaned your computer since long! To take you out of this mess, Clone Files Checker comes to rescue.
1. What is Clone Files Checker?
Launched by Sorcim Technologies, it is a duplicate file finder that can detect and delete duplicate photos, audios, videos, documents and other types of files. The version 1.0 was released in 2014. As of January 2019, the latest version for PC is version 5.3.
2. Does it have a Mac version?
Yes. Clone Files Checker was only available for Windows until the end of 2018. You can now download Clone Files Checker for Mac version 1.0 on its official website. It is compatible with Mac OS X 10.10 and later.
3. Is Clone Files Checker safe to use?
It’s safe to install and use this app as long as you download it from reliable sources such as the official website and trustworthy software download sites.
4. Is this app free?
It is not free, but it does provide a free trial version for users to test and evaluate. The trial version allows you to scan for duplicates and delete up to ten duplicate groups. To access the full version with all features, you need to buy and register your copy of Clone Files Checker.
|1 Year/1 License||$39.97||$39.97|
|2 Year/1 License||$49.97||$49.97|
It’s a bit expensive especially when compared with other duplicate file finders. There are alternatives that do an equally great job but cost much less.
5. What features does it have?
As mentioned above, Clone Files Checker is now available for both Windows and macOS. However, not all features of the Windows version are available for the Mac one.
|Remove duplicate photos||√||√|
|Remove duplicate audios and videos||√||√|
|Remove duplicate archives||√||√|
|Remove duplicate documents||√||√|
|Remove duplicates from Google Drive, OneDrive and Dropbox||√||×|
|Backup prior to deletion||√||×|
|Restore the deleted duplicate files with 1-click||√||×|
|Multiple scan modes||√||×|
|Multiple removal options||√||√|
|Multiple selection options||√||√|
|Image preview feature||√||√|
6. Is Clone Files Checker able to scan an entire hard drive?
Yes, it is. It can also scan multiple hard drives, or folders, or a combination of them at the same time.
7. Is it easy to use?
On the whole, this app is easy to use. Almost all the features are displayed on the interface. However, there are some inconveniences. For example, you can’t drag and drop drive, folder or subfolder to scan. The only way is to clicking the + Add button.
This part will show you how to use this app. Let’s take the Windows version as an example.
1. Download and install Clone Files Checker on your PC. Launch it. Select from System Scan or Cloud Scan according to your need.
2. Click the Add button to select hard drive(s) or folder(s) to scan. You can also exclude some folders from scanning.
3. Use Search Options to filter files for scanning. You can choose file size range to scan. Click the Start Search button.
4. Once the scan is finished, the app will list the detected duplicates and tell you how much space they have taken. From the selection options, select the one you prefer.
5. Click the Select Action button. You can choose to move the duplicate files to a specific folder or permanently delete them.
All in all, Clone Files Checker is a powerful duplicate file cleaner. It supports a variety of files types and formats and provides a number of options and filters for users to facilitate and customize the process. This app can help free up storage space and keep files more organized. However, it is a bit expensive. Also, for Mac users, the current version lacks a few features. There are alternatives for you to consider.
Cisdem Duplicate Finder for Mac can quickly and accurately find and remove duplicate files including photos, videos, audios, documents, archives, etc. Using MD5 value checksum algorithm and byte-by-byte checking, this Clone Files Checker alternative can find true duplicate files with different names but same content. Below are its main features.
1. Download and install this alternative app to Clone Files Checker. Open it.
2. Drag hard drives or folders into this app. Click Scan.
3. After the scan is finished, you can find a complete list of duplicate files under the All tab. You can view each type of duplicates (such as Images and Music) under its tab.
4. The Smart Select feature will automatically select the duplicates. You only need to click the Delete button.
Ashisoft Duplicate File Finder Pro is a great app to consider if you want to efficiently get rid of the duplicate items on your computer. Just like Clone Files Checker, it comes with perfect support for various file types and quite a few nice-to-have features. The lifetime license for one computer only costs $29.95. There is also a free version.
1. Click Add Path to add a folder or subfolder to search for duplicates. Click START SEARCH. You can add multiple of them.
2. When the search is completed, a dialog box will appear telling you the amount of duplicate files found. Click OK.
3. Under the Result List tab, you can find all the found items along with information such as file size, name, path, etc. You can preview them in the window above.
4. Go to Easy Marking and select an option. You can also manually select duplicates to delete.
5. Click Delete Files. The unwanted files will be removed. It's recommended to select the Send to Recycle Bin option. Click Yes.
If you are a Windows user, you can choose between Clone Files Checker and the Ashisoft one. Clone Files Checker for Mac hasn’t been out for long, and we can expect more features and improvements in the future versions. For Mac users, Cisdem Duplicate Finder can be a good choice due to its powerful ability to finding duplicates and attractive price tag. Do you find this review useful? Do you want to recommend other software to remove duplicates? Just leave a comment below.
Jose has been a member of Cisdem since 2012. He specializes in reviews, how-to guides, top lists, etc. on PDF, data recovery and multi-media. On his spare time, he likes to travel or challenge some extreme sports.