Cisdem Duplicate Finder is a software that helps you release the space on your PC, it can find and delete both the duplicate files and similar photos fast and accurately. To facilitate your use of Cisdem Duplicate Finder, below is a guide to help you to get started.
Part 1 Download & Install
1. You can download the installation package of Cisdem Duplicate Finder from the below link.
2. Install Cisdem Duplicate Finder with the downloaded package.
Double-click the .exe file to run it.
Select a preferred language, the default language is English. Cisdem Duplicate Finder supports English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Japanese.
Select a location to install the program (It is recommended to save it under D: drive instead of C: Drive)
Click Next > Next > Install to continue the installation process, when the below window appears, it means that the program has been installed successfully.
Part 2 Activation (Optional)
After installing the program, you need to activate the program if you want to use the full version features.
1. Find Cisdem Duplicate Finder on the desktop or in the folder where you installed it, double click to run it, and then click the key icon at the right upper corner.
2. Copy-n-paste the license code into the popped-up window, click Activate.
Part 3 Application Operating
Step 1 Import folders/hard drives into the program.
You can either drag-n-drop the target folders/hard drives into the main interface of the program or click on the left side to add the folders/hard drives.
Tips: Most people use the C: drive for installing the Windows operating system, to avoid deleting the system files by mistake, when you import C: drive into the program, the following error message will pop up.
Step 2 Click Scan to search the duplicate files, and it will display the scan progress in the circle.
1. It shows the total number of the files you’ve imported and the progress of the scan.
2. It shows the total number of duplicate files and similar images that Cisdem found, please note that it includes the number of original files as well.
3. It shows the size of the duplicate files and similar images that Cisdem found, which also includes the size of original files.
Step 3 When the scan completes, mark the files you’d like to delete and then click the Delete button.
1. It displays the exact duplicate files only and you can select different options to preview the duplicate files by different types.
2. It displays the similar images only, so if you want to clear the similar images, don't forget to navigate to this tab to have a check.
3. With this option, you can cancel the auto selections and choose to manually mark the duplicate files, also you can auto select the duplicate files with another rule.
4. You can click here to adjust the sort of the duplicates by Name, Size, Count and Type.
Cisdem will both scan out the exact duplicate files and similar images, and the exact duplicate files and similar images will be displayed separately:
For exact duplicates
You can find all the duplicate files under the All tab, and Cisdem will auto-mark the exact duplicate files for deletion, so if you want to delete the exact duplicates only, the fastest way is directly clicking "Delete" button to delete all the marked photos, or you can also choose to manually mark the files you want to delete.
For similar images
You can find all the similar images under the Similar Images tab, and Cisdem will not auto-mark similar photos for deletion, we suggest you can manually check them before deleting. If you also want to auto select similar images for deletion, you can navigate to the Similar images tab, press Ctrl+A to highlight all the similar images, then click to select a proper rule, all the similar photos that are recommended for deletion will be marked and then you can directly click "Delete" to delete similar images in a click.
Part 4 Preference setting
In order to meet the needs of different users, you are allowed to do some customized settings by clicking
General: You can use this option to change scan settings.
1. Remove method: Cisdem Duplicate Finder removes duplicate files to the Recycle Bin by default, you can also select to remove permanently or move to a specific folder.
2. Select minimum and maximum file size: This option allows you to set a range of the file sizes to scan.
3. Ignore folders and files in the list: Click the Add button, you can import the folders and files that you don’t want Cisdem to scan.
4. Ignore files of particular extensions: You can fill in the extensions that you don’t want Cisdem to scan.
5. Ignore system hidden folders and files: This option is marked by default, when it is marked, then Cisdem will not scan for hidden files in the folders/drives you’ve imported.
6. Scan thread count: The default value depends on the number of CPU core on your computer, and you can also manually adjust this value as needed.
Duplicate files: You can set scan and removal rules of duplicate files.
1. Scan method
File content: Regardless of the file’s name, if only the files’ content are the same, then they will be considered as duplicates.
File name: Regardless of the file’s content, if only the files’ name are the same, then they will be considered as duplicates.
2. Select duplicate from removal following preset rules below
Select newest duplicates for removal: The latest created duplicates will be priority selected to remove.
Select oldest duplicates for removal: The earliest created duplicates will be priority selected to remove.
Auto-select to remove duplicates by filename: This is a defaulted option. For example, if there are two duplicate files, one of the files is named as Document, and the other one is named as Document 1, then Document 1 will be priority selected to remove.
Select duplicates for removal from prioritized location: You can set the path here, if the duplicates belong to one of the setting paths, it will be priority selected to remove.
Similar Images: You can set scan and removal rules of similar images.
1. Enable similar images function: This option is marked by default, if you don’t want to detect the similar images, you can cancel this option before scanning.
Result priority: To compare the similarity of the images, to get a more accurate result, it may take some time for scanning, and this is a defaulted option by Cisdem.
Speed priority: If you need to optimize the scan speed, you can choose to select this option.
Custom: You can also customize the scan accurate by adjusting the values of Image similarity and Features similarity, the higher the value, the more accurate the result.
2. Select similar Images for removal following preset rules below: This option is unmarked by default, if you want to auto select the similar images for deletion when the scan completes, you can manually mark this option before start scanning.
Follow the duplicates removal rule: Follow the rule that you’ve selected under the Duplicate files tab.
Select high-resolution similar images for removal/ Select high-quality similar images for removal: If you want to save the space on your hard drive, you can select this option to remove images with higher resolution or higher quality.
Select low-resolution similar images for removal/Select low-quality similar images for removal: If you want to keep sharper photos, you can select this option.
Part 5 Update Application
We always suggest users can keep using the latest version of the program.
When you launch Cisdem Duplicate Finder, Cisdem will auto check for updates.
Also, you can click -> Version Checking on the right corner of the main interface to manually update it.
Rosa has worked in Mac software industry for more than eight years. She believes that the purpose of software is to make life better and work more productively. In addition to writing, Rosa is also an avid runner.