Cisdem AppCrypt can be used to selectively lock applications and block websites on Mac. To make your kids allocate reasonably study and entertainment time and get away from online danger, help your employees work more focused and efficient, protect your privacy-related applications, it is recommended to get started to use Cisdem AppCrypt on your Mac. There are five parts below to help you to use the program easily and quickly.
Part 1 Download & Install
1. You can download the installation package of Cisdem AppCrypt from the below link.
2. Install Cisdem AppCrypt with the downloaded package.
Double-click the dmg file.
Drag the Cisdem AppCrypt icon to Applications folder.
Part 2 Activation (Optional)
After installing the program, you are free to use it in 3 days, and after that you need to activate it for further use.
1. Go to Lauchpad or Applications folder, double click Cisdem AppCrypt to run the program, then click "Activate" > "Activate Now" in trial time limit reminder pop-up window in the top right corner.
2. Copy-n-paste the license code into the popped-up window, click Activate.
Part 3 Application Operating
Part 3.1 How to set your password?
Run the program after activated, a pop-up window will be showing, just enter your password to submit.
Tips: We recommend you ticking "Launch at System Startup" option to protect your Mac better, also do not forget to tick "I have read and I understand this warning", otherwise you can not click the submit button (submit button will be grey).
Part 3.2 How to lock/unlock Apps?
Go to main window of Cisdem AppCrypt, click "Add App", select the applications you want to lock, click "Add"
If you want to unlock applications, just select the target applications, click "Remove App"
Part 3.3 How to block/unblock websites?
Go to main window of Cisdem AppCrypt, click "WebBlock", then click to enter the domain name of websites you want to block, such as "facebook.com"
If you want to remove the blocked websites, just select the target websites, then click
Blocklist: When you select this option, it means that only website "facebook.com" has been blocked, other website is valid to access.
Allowlist: When you select this option, it means that only website "facebook.com" is allowed to access, other websites cannot.
When the first time you add the block website on Cisdem AppCrypt, two pop-up windows will be showing to ask authorization from web browser, please both click "OK"
If you accidently clicked "Don't Allow", you could also set it from here: System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Automation, tick the browser name you allow Cisdem AppCrypt to access to.
Part 4 Preferences
If you want to change your password or do some personal changes, you could click "Menu" in the top right corner, click "Preferences"
Part 4.1 General
1. Show status on Menu bar: If you do not want to show the Cisdem AppCrypt icon on the menu bar, you could cancel tick of this option, but you have to set the shortcut instead, then you are able to open main window and enable/disable WebBlock by pressing the shortcut key.
2. Launch at system startup: If you tick this option, Cisdem AppCrypt will run when the system starts, to secure your computer information, it is suggested to be ticked.
3. Capture photo with failed attempt: If you tick this option, Cisdem AppCrypt will take a photo to record the person who was entered wrong password to open the locked app.
If your macOS is 10.14 or later, when you open Cisdem AppCrypt, a pop-up window will be showing as below, please click "OK", otherwise the picture you have taken will be showing black.
If you mistakely clicked "Don't Allow", you can go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Camera, tick Cisdem AppCrypt to allow it to access the camera.
4. Quit all protected apps when Mac goes to sleep: If you tick this option, except the apps is currently being used, all the locked apps will be quitted when Mac goes to sleep.
Part 4.2 Password
When you want to change your password to a new one, you could select the Password section on the Preferences window, input your current password, and then input your new password, click OK.
Part 4.3 Schedule
AppCrypt can lock certain apps and block certain websites at certain times, for example, if you want to control Messages to be locked on weekdays, unlock on weekends, you could do as below:
Step 1 Go to Schedule section on Preferences Window, select "Messages", click
Step 2 Click to add a schedule, then tick Sat and Sun, cancel the tick of Mon to Fri, you could also select the specific time if you need, click OK
Tips: If you want to apply the schedule to all the apps and websites, just tick the option "Apply to All", then click OK.
If you want to cancel the schedule of all the locked apps and blocked websites, just need to turn off the "Enable schedule" switch, then the locked apps and blocked websites will be locked & blocked all the time.
Part 5 Update Application
We always suggest users can keep using the latest version of the program.
When you launch Cisdem AppCrypt, Cisdem will auto check for updates.
Also, you can Click Menu on the main window, then click Check for Update to manually update it.
Rosa has worked in Mac software industry for more than eight years. She believes that the purpose of software is to make life better and work more productively. In addition to writing, Rosa is also an avid runner.