When you've got a ton of music in your iTunes Library, things can get messy. Songs with missed or incorrect artists, duplicates crop up and you have to browse through multiple playlists to find the right one. The larger your iTunes library is, the higher the possibility that you've got tons of iTunes duplicates. And you may feel annoyed at so many duplicates and want to clean up them from iTunes. So you’ve come to the right place. This article shows you two ways to find and remove duplicates from iTunes effectively and effortlessly.
There are two basic ways to find and delete duplicates in iTunes. The first is the most tedious and time consuming and I prefer not to count it as a viable method. The detailed instructions are as follows.
1. If you don't hold the Option key, you will get the standard "Display Duplicates" option. This will show duplicates based on song name, but doesn't differentiate between albums. This means that recordings and liver versions often show up as duplicates even though they aren't.
2. Make sure you are using iTunes 11 or higher.
3. Older versions of iTunes may have the "Display Exact Duplicates" option in the File menu instead of the View menu.
If you're still having issues or have a massive library that requires a more powerful and less time consuming option, you can use a third-party iTunes duplicate remover like Cisdem DuplicateFinder for Mac.
Cisdem DuplicateFinder for Mac is one of the best duplicate file finder which can find duplicate musics, photos, videos, etc inside your internal and external file storage devices. We test-drove iTunes duplicate remover Mac and having tried it, I can say that it’s the software you've been looking for if you’re serious about cleaning up your media collection.
Bonuses from Cisdem DuplicateFinder
1. When you manually copy a music folder, duplicates are created. One of the easiest ways to copy a music folder to iTunes without duplicates is by adding the folder to your library. And iTunes will add any new files you place in the folder automatically without creating duplicates.
2. You can change the iTunes settings to automatically import your music without causing duplicates. Open iTunes. Select iTunes and click Preferences. Select the Advanced tab. Uncheck the option: Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library.
3. The best way to prevent iTunes duplicates is to store all your music in the iTunes media folder by default. If you download music from websites other than iTunes, choose the iTunes folder as your default download folder.
4. Don’t regularly transferring purchased music from your iOS devices to iTunes.
After a period of using, you are likely to find that your iPhone is getting slower or even crashed. To solve the unpleasant problem, we recommend you 5 best iPhone cleaning tool on Mac.
Do you have multiple favorite movies in your iTunes Library? Come to burn iTunes movies to DVD for better playback on DVD player or TV. How to burn a DVD from iTunes? This article will show you two easiest ways to help burn iTunes movies to DVD on macOS Sierra.
Is there many duplicate songs on your iPhone, iPad or iPod? If you always subscribe to iTunes Match, there is a chance that you have experienced an issue with duplicate songs on your iPhone or iPad. The reason is that iTunes Match doesn’t simply replace music already on your iPad but instead adds music to your device. How to remove the duplicates on iPhone/iPod easily?
Top Utility Articles
Sign up for Cisdem newsletters, stay informed on the latest products news, the hottest deals, and our holiday special sales.