How to delete duplicates in iTunes is a fussy problem. Songs with missed or incorrect artists, duplicates crop up and you have to browse through multiple playlists to find the right one. It’s therefore a good idea to removing duplicate songs in itunes which are just clogging up your system, especially if you’re a bit low on disk space.
If you want to find and delete duplicates in iTunes the easy way, there’s no better tool for the job than duplicate file finder Mac.
Cisdem Duplicate file Finder Mac is the most efficient way to remove duplicates in iTunes. With this app, you can delete all duplicates from iTunes library in several clicks. Try it below and read on to find more information about how to remove duplicate songs in iTunes.
Mac also has limited ability to show duplicates in itunes, which is covered later in this tutorial.
If you want to find a much powerful and less time consuming option to find and remove duplicates from iTunes, you can use a third-party iTunes duplicate remover named Cisdem DuplicateFinder for Mac mentioned above.
Cisdem DuplicateFinder for Mac is one of the best duplicate file finders which can find duplicate musics, photos, videos, etc inside your internal and external file storage devices. I test-drove many iTunes duplicate removers for Mac, and I can say that it is the software you've been looking for if you’re serious about cleaning up your iTunes library.
Other features from Cisdem DuplicateFinder
And you can find and show duplicates in iTunes library manually. This option is the most tedious and time consuming and I prefer not to count it as a viable method. But there are many users who want to know the steps out there. And the detailed steps on how to remove duplicates from iTunes manually are listed as follows.
1. If you don't hold the Option key, you will get the standard "Display Duplicates" option. iTunes will show duplicates based on song name, but doesn't differentiate between albums. This means that recordings and liver versions often show up as duplicates even though they aren't.
2. Make sure you are using the newest version of iTunes on Mac. Older versions of iTunes may have the "Display Exact Duplicates" option in the File menu instead of the View menu.
1. When you manually copy a music folder, duplicates are created. One of the easiest ways to copy a music folder to iTunes without duplicates is by adding the folder to your library. And iTunes will add any new files you place in the folder automatically without creating duplicates.
2. You can change the iTunes settings to automatically import your music without causing duplicates. Open iTunes. Select iTunes and click Preferences. Select the Advanced tab. Uncheck the option: Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library.
3. The best way to prevent iTunes duplicates is to store all your music in the iTunes media folder by default. If you download music from websites other than iTunes, choose the iTunes folder as your default download folder.
4. Don’t regularly transferring purchased music from your iOS devices to iTunes.
Are you frustrated with managing duplicate iTunes tracks on your Mac? Do you have lots of duplicate musics in iTunes that you want to clean up? Many iTunes users or music fans are looking for an effective solution to help them clean up iTunes duplicates. Here we will recommend 5 best iTunes duplicate remover including free one to help you find and delete duplicate songs in iTunes.
Believe that many iPhone users wonder if they can transfer data from a old iOS device to a new one. Actually, it's no-barrier to transfer old iOS device data to your new one. This article will show you two ways to transfer data from old iPhone to iPhone 7 or 7 Plus as an example. And you can use the same ways to move contents from a old iOS device to another.
Here we will introduce how to backup your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes or iCloud, but which one is suitable for you, follow us to discuss the difference between making backups with iCloud and iTunes.
Top Utility Articles
Sign up for Cisdem newsletters, stay informed on the latest products news, the hottest deals, and our holiday special sales.