Although you are so careful about keeping your data on your Mac, there are also plenty of reasons can result in data loss, such as deleting files accidentally and viruses and damaging malware. And not all people would make frequent data backups. While you find your critical documents or pictures are missing, what would you do?
Those people who had experienced that situation will hear about Disk Drill Pro quite a lot, when you find solution of Mac data recovery in Google, you must have seen a large number of information about it. And if you have never met this situation, you may need to know something about how to choose the right Mac file recovery software. Admittedly, Disk Drill Pro is an excellent Mac data recovery software that helps users to recover deleted files in Mac OS X. But it is not impeccable. You may have ignored other Disk Drill Pro alternatives for Mac. Next, I will share an awesome Disk Drill Pro alternative for Mac – Cisdem DataRecovery for all of you. The more details, please read on.
Disk Drill Pro is an useful Data Recovery software for Mac, it makes data recovery for Mac OS X easy. Its recovery vault allows users to recover critical business documents, music, photos or videos on virtually any storage device connected to Mac, including internal Mac hard drives, external hard drives, cameras, iPods, USB flash drives, Kindles, and memory cards. And its data-protection feature also protects your files from accidental deletion. After scanning, users can preview these files so that they can determine which ones can be successfully recovered. But the scan speed is time consuming, if you need to recover lots of files, you need to wait.
Disk Drill provides three versions for Mac users to choose, Basic, Pro and Enterprise, the basic version is totally free, users can download at any time and start to scan for lost files and backup partitions or drives. But please note, the basic version can only scan for lost files. If you want to recover them, you'll have to purchase a license for $89. Yes, the price of Disk Drill Pro is $89.
There are so many Disk Drill Pro alternatives on the market, I don’t have enough time to cover it all, so I will share the best Disk Drill Pro alternative for Mac for all of you -- Cisdem DataRecovery for Mac. Cisdem DataRrecovery for Mac is the best Mac data recovery software, users can recover lost photos, videos, documents and emails from any Mac supported data storage media with it, including internal/external hard drives, USB drives, SD card, digital cameras, iPods etc. And the speed of its scan is breathtaking, just get this Mac data recovery software now, your lost photos, videos, files, etc. will be recovered within the next five minutes. And Cisdem DataRecovery for Mac also provides free trial for each user, it allows users to scan and preview all your lost files.
DataRecovery for Mac provides four data recovery modes for users, including Document Recovery(Restore lost documents such as doc, PDF, txt, wpd, etc.), Media Recovery(Restore lost media files such as videos, photos, musics, movies, etc.), Archive File Recovery(Restore lost archive files such as 7z, rar, zip, etc.), and Universal Recovery(Restore all your lost files), so whatever situation you meet, it can help you to recover all your lost file on your Mac.
DataRecovery for Mac supports to recover data from any storage devices and disk formats as long as you connect them to Mac, including internal Mac hard drives, external hard drives, Mac notebooks, desktops, Mac server, USB drive, camcorder, memory cards, SD card, digital camera, mobile phone, laptop, MP3, MP4 player and more.
DataRecovery for Mac also supports recover all types of files, including but not limited to pictures, videos, audio, emails, documents, folders, archives, etc. And also supports recover raw file types, including pef, nef, dcr, sr2, etc. If you need to recover specific format, you can select the file type to save time, it will only recover the selected file type.
DataRecovery for Mac supports users preview all lost images, videos, and documents, it will display their file name, size, delete date and original path in a tree-view for you. Next, you can check the file you want and perform recovering. Please note, DataRecovery will only list lost files for you, existed files are not included, which will save your time to find. More important, DataRecovery will filter the search results by file name, sizes to find files quickly.
Both Disk Drill Pro and Cisdem DataRecovery are Mac data recovery software, so there are some similarities of features between them, next, let us come and check it out.
1. Scan. Disk Drill Pro and DataRecovery for Mac are support scan and recover data from Mac hard drive and external devices. You just need to connect your storage devices to your Mac, and then the two application will help you scan and recover lost data.
2. Recover. Disk Drill Pro and DataRecovery for Mac are support recover different types of files, including photos, videos, documents, etc on Mac. So whatever file you lost, they will help you to recover on your Mac perfectly.
3. Preview. Some similar softwares may not support preview scanned file before recovering. You don’t need to worry about tat problem, Disk Drill Pro and DataRecovery for Mac are support users to preview these files with file name, size, delete date and original path, so that you can select the right files to recover.
4. Support. Disk Drill Pro and DataRecovery for Mac both provide detailed tutorial for users, so if you don’t know how to use them, you can refer to it. And if you have any after-sale question, you can send email to them, they will help you to solve those problem with all their heart.
5. Free trial. Disk Drill Pro and DataRecovery for Mac both provides a free trial for Mac users. You can visit their website or just click the “Free Download” button to get them.
As different software developed by different company, there are also some differences between Disk Drill Pro and Cisdem DataRecovery for Mac. After I read their website carefully and tested both of them, I got the following main conclusions:
1. File listing after scanning. Disk Drill Pro will list existed files and lost files in one catalogue after scanning, if you want to find your target file, you may need to spend some time on that. But DataRecovery for Mac will only list lost files for you by file types, which will save your so much time.
2. Scan speed. Some users fed back, the scan speed of Disk Drill Pro is time consuming. Comparatively speaking, the scan speed of DataRecovery will make you satisfied unless there are a large number of files need to be recovered on your Mac, which will take some time to scan. Normally, DataRecovery scans very quickly.
3. Price. Disk Drill Pro will cost your $89 for one user, many users think that is little expensive. Compared to other Mac data recovery softwares, DataRecovery is cheaper, it just needs $49.99, but its function has no less than others.
4. Lifetime upgrades. We all know, developers will upgrade their products according to market or customer requirements aperiodically, these two data recovery softwares are also no except. But it is noteworthy that Disk Drill Pro will cost your $29 if you want to update to the newest version, while DataRecovery provides free Lifetime upgrade to new versions.
5. Protection. Disk Drill is not only a data recovery application for Mac, it also offers three free features for users, with that, users can prevent future data loss, so you don’t have to stress about recovering deleted files in Mac OS X. At present, it is still short of the work for DataRecovery.
6. Recovering effect. For documents and photos, Disk Drill Pro recovered them perfectly, but according to the editor’s opinion of Top ten Reviews, the video and music recovery rates of Disk Drill Pro are well below average. DataRecovery can recover photos, videos, documents, etc. on Mac efficiently.
Believe that, after the introduction above, most people have a certain understanding of those two softwares. Next, I will share you how to use Disk Drill Pro alternative for Mac to recover lost data on Mac OS X. Cisdem DataRecovery for Mac provides a succinct interface for users, so that even for Mac newbie, they also can learn how to use it easily. The detailed steps will be shown as follow:
True, Disk Drill Pro is very good at Mac data recovery, it undoubtedly is a valuable software, but it also have some shortcomings, such as its price. For most people, data loss doesn’t happen frequently, the price of $89 and the upgrade fee of $29 is too expensive for them. Relatively speaking, the price of Cisdem DataRecovery for Mac is so cute, more important, it provides free Lifetime upgrade to new versions. Moreover, in Mac data recovery, DataRecovery also has very good performance. In that case, why don't you consider to choose Disk Drill Pro alternative for Mac -- Cisdem DataRecovery for Mac?
There are a variety of Mac data recovery software that can help to recover permanently deleted files on Mac OS X. Here in this guide we’ll cover everything you need to know if you want to securely recover permanently deleted files on Mac.
As temperatures rise, summer holiday is getting closer and closer to us. What is your plan about your summer holiday? People usually ignore a serious problem, we may descent into chaos as data loss, such as photos or documents. How to recover lost files on summer holiday?
Have you ever deleted Word file in SD card by known or unknown reasons? Just take it easy, my friends! Here is the guide on how to recover word file from SD card on Mac easily.
Top Recover Articles
Sign up for Cisdem newsletters, stay informed on the latest products news, the hottest deals, and our holiday special sales.