Numbers is a part of Apple iWork Suite, with its power to create unique and professional tables, more and more mac users choose to use it for work. However, as PDF works as the standard format to save and share files, we need to convert a PDF file into Numbers document very often for further changes or usages. Here we will come to the details about 4 simple ways of converting PDF to Numbers spreadsheet on Mac.
Convert PDF to Numbers without Format Loss
- Convert both scanned and native PDFs to Spreadsheets format (Numbers, Excel)
- Convert PDF to Word, PowerPoint, ePub, Text, HTML, RTFD, image
- OCR PDF to searchable PDF, editable Word/PowerPoint/Keynote/Pages and so on
- Highly maintain original file quality
- Batch convert files
- Create PDFs from Word, images, PowerPoint, HTML and so on
- Easy to use
Convert All Types of PDF to Numbers Spreadsheet on Mac
Cisdem PDF OCR Converter for Mac, is a program allowing users to convert single or multiple PDFs into 15+ formats, including editable Microsoft office formats, iWork Pages formats, Keynote, Numbers and images. Even, with its OCR features, users can export scanned PDF or images to editable formats. To save users from troubles of formatting loss, Cisdem can maintain the original file quality.
Still, it can work on protected PDFs. For PDFs protected by a permission password, Cisdem can directly remove the password protection and go ahead to converting; for PDFs protected by an open password, there will be a lock icon appearing and Cisdem will require users to enter the correct password, then Cisdem will work on the conversion.
Main Features of Cisdem PDF Converter OCR
- Support Native, Scanned and Protected PDFs
- Convert PDF to 15+ formats, including Numbers, Excel, Word, ePub, Pages, Keynote, etc.
- OCR scanned PDF or images, save as editable formats: Word, Excel, PPT, etc.
- High quality, intact data and original formatting are kept
- Extended features: create PDF and merge PDF
- Batch conversion/OCR
- Newest Ventura Compatible
Let's Convert PDF (or Images) to Numbers Spreadsheets on Mac Now!
- Download PDF Converter OCR. Install and run it on your mac. It is safe and free to download.
- Go to "Converter", import files by drag n drop or click “+” to add files. (If you upload scanned PDFs, download the OCR module in advance.)
- Choose page range, then select output format as "to Numbersl". And the program will automatically recognize scanned files.
- Click “Convert” to export PDF as Numbers on Mac.
Also, you can refer to this video tutorial:
Convert Native PDF to Numbers Spreadsheet on Mac
For users who just want to convert native PDFs into Numbers, a professional PDF to Numbers will be a good choice.
PDF2Office for iWork 2017 is a PDF converter allowing users to export native PDF as Keynote, Pages and Numbers, it offers Mac, iPad and iPhone version. It is easy to use and support batch converting PDF to Numbers or other iWork formats.
- Available for Mac/iPad/iPhone
- Convert PDF to Numbers directly without saving as Excel first
- Advanced settings to choose image type, compression, etc.
- Batch convert
- Interface is not user-friendly
- Take time to upload and convert files
- Conversion quality is not stable
- No OCR feature to work on scanned PDF or images
Convert Native PDF to Numbers on Mac with PDF2Office Now
- Step 1. Download and install the program on your Mac.
- Step 2. Drag and drop files to the designated area.
- Step 3.Go to Toolbars and choose “Numbers” in the Conversion Format, then you can tweak the settings for the output file.
- Step 4. Click “Convert” to save PDF as Numbers on mac.
If You Have Installed Adobe
For sure, PDF will remind you of Adobe, the company creating PDF format. So, when speak of PDF programs, we can’t miss the Adobe products, which are capable of editing, annotating, compressing, signing, protecting, sharing, even converting PDFs.
For users who have installed the Adobe Acrobat, you can follow the steps to convert PDF to Numbers:
In Adobe Acrobat Pro:
- Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Go to File>Save As>Spreadsheet>Microsoft Excel.
- Name the file and save it.
- Open the Excel file with Numbers, go to File> Save.
In Adobe Acrobat DC:
- Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat DC.
- Go to Tools>Export PDF.
- Choose spreadsheet as output, the save the file.
- Open Excel with Numbers, then rename and save the file.
For scanned PDFs, Adobe can do OCR and export as editable Excel too.
Convert PDF to Numbers Online Free
You may be still thinking about online free service to convert a PDF into Numbers, since we do benefit a lot from using online open source.
It is a pity that online PDF to Numbers converter are still small in quantity, we here just pick one with good performance and other 2 online PDF to Excel converters, helping our users to convert PDF to Numbers for free yet with good results.
But before using these online free PDF to Numbers converter, be aware of following:
- Online free service brings potential risk of information leakages, do not upload highly private files
- Make sure your Internet connect is good and stable
- Do not upload large size file for conversion, it takes time or may fail to be converted
- Re-check the conversion quality and manually review
- Official address: https://www.cleverpdf.com/pdf-to-numbers
- Works on native PDF only, no OCR feature
- No batch conversion
- Directly save PDF as Numbers
How to Convert PDF to Number Online Free with CleverPDF?
- Drag and drop PDF file to the program.
- After uploading and verifying, click “Start Conversion”.
- Once processing finishes, click “Download” to get Numbers file.
- Official address: https://smallpdf.com/pdf-to-excel
- Work on native PDF only, no OCR feature
- No batch conversion
- Export PDF as Excel first, then save as Numbers in iWork numbers
- 1 free conversion per day
- Save output files to Cloud
How to Convert PDF to Numbers Online Free with Smallpdf?
- Upload PDF to the program.
- Click “Download” to get the Excel file.
- Open Excel in Numbers and save as Numbers file.
- Official address: https://online2pdf.com/pdf2excel
- Work on Native and scanned PDF, OCR supported
- Batch conversion
- Export PDF as Excel at first, then save as Numbers file
- Output settings: decimal separator, language
How to Convert PDF to Numbers Online Free with Online2PDF?
- Upload single or multiple PDFs into the program.
- Choose output as Excel.
- Optional. If you are working on scanned PDF or images, choose OCR.
- Adjust the preference for your converted Excel.
- Open Excel with Numbers and save the file.
What’s Your Way to Convert PDF to Numbers?
There may be more solutions to convert PDF to Numbers, but if you are looking for the solutions with good conversion quality, this is my list of best PDF to Numbers converters. So, what’s your choice, desktop or online? Please leave us a comment below or share your favorite way to do the conversion.
Connie has been writing for Mac productivity and utility apps since 2009. Each review and solution is based on her practical tests, she is aways energetic and trustworthy in this field.