Cisdem Unarchiver is a powerful tool designed to decompress archive files including RAR, Zip, 7z, ISO, Udf, Wim, TAR, etc. You can also use it to compress or encrypt any files into archives to ensure that your private infomration is safe and well-maintained. In this guide, we will introduce you the steps how to compress and decompress files easily and safely.
Part 1 Download and Install
1. You can download the installation package of Cisdem Unarchiver from the below link.
2. Install Cisdem Unarchiver with the downloaded package. Double-click the dmg file.
Drag the Cisdem Unarchiver icon to Applications folder.
Part 2 Activation (Optional)
After installing the program, you are free to use it in 3 days, and after that you need to activate it for further use.
1. Go to Lauchpad or Applications folder, double click Cisdem Unarchiver to run the program, then click "Activate" > "Activate Now" in trial time limit reminder pop-up window in the top right corner.
2. Copy-n-paste the license code into the popped-up window, click Activate.
Part 3 Application Operating
Part 3.1 How to decompress the archives?
Step 1 Add archives
Run the program, there are four ways to import the archives:
1) Directly click , select the target files in the following window and click Open;
2) Drag and drop the target files into the left column;
3) Click File > Add Files... on the top menu bar, select the target files in the following window and click Open;
4) Press shorcut keys Command+A on your keyboard, select the target files in the following window and click Open.
To remove the added archives, you can select the target archives, click or press Delete button on your keyboard to remove it, you can also right click the target files and select Remove option.
If want to directly clear all the added archives, just click or right click one of the added files to select Clear option.
Step 2 Extract files from archives
a. To directly decompress all the imported archives, you can click or right click any one of the imported archives and select Extract option.
b. Sometimes you will only need to extract part of the files inside an archive, in this situation, you can hold down Command key and click to select the target files, and then right click it to select "Decompress".
Step 3 Select a save location
A window will pop up after clicking Extract or Decompress, click the box behind Where to select a proper save location and click Save, then the decompress process begins.
Part 3.2 How to compress the files?
Step 1 Add files
Click , it will bring you to the compress window, you can either click to import the files or directly drag and drop the files into the program for compression.
To remove the added files, you can just select the target files, right click to select Remove or directly press Delete button on your keyboard to remove the added files.
If you want to directly clear all the imported files, you can right click one of the added files to select Clear option.
Step 2 Compress the added files
After ensuring all the files have been imported, click , a window will pop up to ask you to select a save location, select a format you need to compress to and also you are allowed to create a password to better protect the compressed archive.
Format: You are allowed to compress files into zip, 7z, tar and wim formats.
Password: To encrypt the compressed archives, just tick the box before Password, and then fill in the passwords in the following box.
Step 3 Click Save to begin the compress process.
Part 4 Update Application
We always suggest users can keep using the latest version of the program.
When you launch Cisdem Unarchiver, Cisdem will auto check for updates.
Also, you can click Cisdem Unarchiver > Check for Updates… on the left top menu bar to manually update it.
Rosa has worked in Mac software industry for more than eight years. She believes that the purpose of software is to make life better and work more productively. In addition to writing, Rosa is also an avid runner.