With the debut of an all new iPad Pro at WWDC, Apple just gave us a good reason to buy a new iPad: A 10.5-inch Retina display, with ProMotion technology and A10X Fusion chip. But for ones who already own an iPad, we may looking to sell used iPad so as to pay for the new iPad pro. Here we have list 3 top rating sites for you to sell your used iPad. Let’s get started.
For safety concerning there are something you need to pay attention to before trading your used iPad.
Before selling your used iPad, make sure that you have back up all the important data you need, so that you’ll always have access to the data or photos you need, and you can easily transfer it to your new iPad pro when you get it.
iCloud will automatically backup iPad data under Wi-Fi, all you need to do is: Tap Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Tap on iCloud Backup and turn it on.
Note: iCloud backup will back up all files on your device, and depending on the size of your data and Wi-Fi speed. The backup may take some time. If you fail to back up with iCloud or you want to back up specific files on iPad, you can use Cisdem iPhone Cleaner to back up specific files on iPad which is quick and convenient.
After backing up all your iPad data, it's important to wipe it from the iPad you're about to selling. Apple makes it super easy to wipe an iPad, you only need to Tap on Settings > General >Tap Erase All Content and Settings. For some personal information like iPhone caches, safari history, cookies, etc, you can also use the tool recommended above to clean app cache on iPad.
Gazelle is widely recommended in the used iPad selling and buying market, we have seen numerous Gazelle ads on TV and internet. The site is easy to use and the used iPad selling process is very simple, what i like most is that Gazelle can give a fair and firm price for the device very quickly.
How to sell your used iPad on Gazelle
1. Go to Gazelle sell: https://www.gazelle.com/trade-in
2. Select the device you want to sell and choose the brand.
3. Select other information according to your device, such as unlocked? Or Wi-Fi only, capacity, etc.
4. According to the condition of your device, Gazelle will give you a price they’ll pay.
5. If you are agreed with the price. You can choose a payment method (check, PayPal, or Amazon.com Gift Card) you prefer and ship the device for free.
6. Once they inspect it, they’ll pay you right away.
For example for a Apple iPad Pro 12.9 256GB WiFi version you'll get $390 (never used) $350(Visible signs of use) $140(Does not turn on or has serious physical damage)
Simple selling process.
Quickly give a fair and firm price for the device.
Provide multiple payment method.
Most of the device they accept are the more recent models, if you are trying to sell a four-year old device, You’d better try sell you old device in eBay or Amazon.
Swappa promotes itself as a marketplace for gently used mobile tech, it has been received fairly well, it offers two options for sellers: one can send their device to Swappa, or use Swappa as a marketplace and try to hook up with a buyer. Which is a way to get more money for your used iPad than other services provide.
How to sell your used iPad on Swappa
1. Go to https://swappa.com/sell
2. Select carrier or brand of your device.
3. Choose your device modle, and it will showe you a graph with the average selling price for the device.
4. Create a listing and provide all the specs they required for your device.
5. After creating your list, the Swappa staff will verify you listing before it can be posted.
Automatically device specs, which is easy for you to submit your listing.
Two selling mode.
Staff actively involved.
Device must be in good condition, those with cracks on screen or glass or water damaged, etc. is not accepted.
Has seller fees
Only accept PayPal payment.
Amazon also accepts trade-ins on all sorts of electronics, like phones, tablet, video games, books, DVDs, etc. If you buy almost everything on Amazon, this is a great place to sell your used iPad. It provides free shipping label as well excluding box. but you will be charged for the packaging material and the box.
How to sell your used iPad on Amazon trade-in.
1. Go to Amazon’s trade-in: https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Trade-In/b?ie=UTF8&node=9187220011
2. Search on Amazon for the product you want to sell and click trade-in.
3. You’ll be presented with a couple of values based on the condition of your device.
4. After you provide and confirm all the details, Amazon gives you a pre-paid shipping label. All you need to do is send it.
Support almost all electronics.
The program is fast, easy and convenient
Device must be in good condition, broken devices aren’t accepted.
Charged for the packaging material and the box.
So what’s you story on selling your used iPad, which site do you use? Please vote below or add the sites you use to sell your old iPad.
Rosa has worked in Mac software industry for more than eight years. She believes that the purpose of software is to make life better and work more productively. In addition to writing, Rosa is also an avid runner.